L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Friday, December 24, 2021

Happy Christmas - and any and all of the year-end holidays!

 

It was supposed to be my turn to manufacture our Holiday/Christmas/New Year's card this time. But I just went from finishing my big October/November show at Froelick Gallery here in Portland to diving into the creation of a whole new body of work for a show at TEW Galleries in Atlanta, opening right after the first of the year. So I begged Gigi to take up the mantle of nutty-holiday-card maker for the second year in a row, and this is the delightful nonsense she came up with. Great job, G; I love it!

The original card. 

(The artwork featured on most of these vintage cards is so awkward and inept; I guess the old card companies just didn't want to pay for a better class of artists.)



2 comments:

  1. Always look forward to seeing these, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sweet. Thank you, Rusty - and happy Christmas to you, too!

      Delete