L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Friday, June 14, 2024

On HER birthday

 

Today, the 14th of June, is my most excellent wife's birthday. 

An incredible person, my respect for her is only surpassed by my love.

And it would be impossible to overstate how much better she's made my life.

Odd, then, that in almost twenty years together, I've only included her in four paintings.

Les Deux - acrylic on panel - 24x18 - 2009.
À la nuit tombante - acrylic on panel - 24x36 - 2011.
G en travesti in men's clothing, me in a gown. Our relative heights were mucked about with here; in reality, I'm almost a foot taller than G.
Les Amis, les amants - acrylic on panel - 36 x 24 - 2014.
With our little dog, Nicholas.
There really is a "G" tattooed on my wrist; perhaps you'll get the reference...?
After 'Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe' by Manet - acrylic on panel - 30x40 - 2021.

*

Only four paintings? That's rather terrible; Nicholas has made it into SIX! Something really must be done about this situation....



7 comments:

  1. We hereby bestow upon thee Membership in The Lucky Man Club. Congratulations on your lucky partnering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting referring to 'Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe' by Manet is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hells! My entire show in the fall of 2021 was made up of similar gender-reversal reinterpretations of famous works; Titian, Ingres, Velázquez, Balthus, de Lempicka, etc.

      Delete
  3. Late birthday wishes for Lady G :)
    Now she has 364 un-birthdays to celebrate ! -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bak hver mann er en flott dame.
    Maleriene dine er lunefulle.
    * OsloSson

    ReplyDelete