L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Friday, June 14, 2019

Half a century - Gigi's birthday card "reveal"



It doesn't seem possible, but my sweet wife turns fifty years old today. If you knew her, if you could see her in person, you'd be every bit as incredulous; she barely looks out of her twenties. And more than her youthful appearance, it's her vivacity and curiosity and humor. In countless ways, she's really quite a remarkable human. And I'm so grateful that I get to share my life with her; how I got so lucky I'll never understand. Gigi - Eugenia Bain Little, ma belle Eugénie - I salute you!

But one more thing about that "eternally youthful" business? If people start asking if she's my daughter, I'm going to be very cross...!

Nicholas salutes her, too.

And the image of Nicholas as used in the card? A bit of cotton wool for the doggy ears; Nicholas adores Gigi, but loathes fireworks.




1 comment:

  1. You outdid yourself this time, Stephen! Lucky you! Lucky Gigi. xo

    ReplyDelete