L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Saturday, August 27, 2016

Our 10th wedding anniversay... today!



It just does not seem at all possible.... Ten years married. And it's all flown by. I'll never get over the fact, never be less than incredibly grateful, that Gigi came into my life, that we found each other. I am not an entirely easy person to live with - maybe you've heard or imagined? - and I'm so blessed that she puts up with me, that she inspires and intrigues and delights me. She has taught me so much, in so many ways. I love my wife.


Because we're in frantic home renovation/house painting mode, and trying to meet the deadline of today, because we're having a big party tonight, we agreed to leave off our usual Photoshopped celebration - birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, wedding anniversary - card this time. No time. So here's the image I cobbled together for our "evite":


My painting "Les Deux", plus some bits from "La Passagère", plus a crude photograph of the way our house looked when we bought it. It looks so much better now.




6 comments:

  1. 10 years. Can you imagine. I love you, you knucklehead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, fantastic blog BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations to you both on your Anniversary! Your blog is one of the highlights of my week. Keep up the good work (in every aspect)! - Michael

    ReplyDelete