L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Monday, December 2, 2013

Elizabeth Pennington Foster, born December 2, 1911



For a child, I don't think there's anything so encouraging as to know that someone "gets" you.  My Grandma Betty - my mother's mother - got me.  Her appreciation of my nascent artistic talent was indispensable to its growth, and her influence on me has been incalculable; I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for this wonderful, difficult woman.  Three years ago, on this same day, I wrote in more depth about who she was and what she was to me:  Elizabeth Pennington Foster Matson Alberts Dahm Burpee.   She would have been 102 today.



No comments:

Post a Comment