L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e ~ D o s t o ï e v s k i

L a - b e a u t é - s a u v e r a - l e - m o n d e  ~  D o s t o ï e v s k i



Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mystery couple... or not... definitely not


Edit: I'm very grateful to a reader who just pointed out that this is indeed Photoshopped. I HATE this sort of thing and constantly rail against it whenever and pretty much wherever I see it. I'm usually VERY adept in spotting these things, but obviously I was more gullible ten years ago when I first posted this. In my own defense, the plague of head-switching, along with colorization, AI, and the like was not as pervasive as it is currently. And, as you can see, comparing this with the original below, the perpetrator went to great trouble to try and pass this off, not just switching heads, but altering bodies, hands, etc. You really can't trust anything anymore....


*




2 comments:

  1. it is a head swap photoshop of a flea market find posted on April 6, 2009

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/valerianasolaris/3417560540/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for calling this to my attention! As I've now written above, in editing the post, I totally LOATHE this sort of thing. I'm actually very, very good at recognizing when images have been mucked about with. And if I'd seen this today I would immediately doubt its authenticity. I think my relative innocence of ten years ago, along with the lengths the Photoshopper went to - resizing one figure, "feminizing" the other - are what got me into this embarrassing position. Again, thank you so much for your assistance!

      Delete